Search This Blog

Thursday 7 October 2010

Twitter & Facebook Music Drawing Requests – Send me your songs!

Twitter Music Drawing request - 'Debaser' by The Pixies
I have recently become a tweeter, unsure of having anything useful to say I came up with a way of making use of it, that has now become a new method of participation for music drawing. People send me a tweet, or face book comment with a song or album they would like me to draw. I find the music on spotify, draw it, and if successful tweet or facebook a photo of the drawing back.

Twitter Music Drawing request - 'Frankie's Gun' by The Felice Brothers
At times it has felt particularly exciting, like the fastest ever commission or exhibition when I have been able to draw and send the photo back within an hour. However life then takes over and now I have quite a backlog to get through, but my tweet is my bond and they will get drawn. It has also been a great way of sourcing new music to draw, and in the cases where I know the person who has sent the request, has provided an interesting insight. Whilst drawing someone’s song I find myself thinking about why they chose it. This pondered meaning merges with my own newly formed, or existing attachment, to the song whist I draw.

If you would like to give me a music drawing request just send me the title of a song or album link to facebook, twitter, or leave a comment here!
http://twitter.com/NaomiKendrick

And to see more drawings...
Naomi Kendrick Music Drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment