Search This Blog

Thursday 6 March 2014

Hello!

Feb Baby Art Club 2014

Well, it's been a while! A year has past and I am now a proud mum. I am just starting to get back into the swing of things with work, here is a picture of myself and Musician Najia Bagi with whom I run Baby Art Club at Manchester Art Gallery. Prior to my maternity leave I had been doing Baby art Club for a while, I really enjoy it as I am essentially commissioned to create different temporary multi sensory installations. Najia then comes up with an amazing sound element to complete the experience. This is what the babies, who are of course very multi sensory focused themselves, get to explore each time! For more on my return to baby art club follow this link http://studiosketchbook.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/baby-im-back/
Its Back!

Drawn to the Beat at Fabrica Gallery, Brighton, 2011.
Drawn to the Beat at Band on the Wall, Manchester, 2011.

I am really pleased to announce that I will be doing a third version of my participatory event 'Drawn to the Beat' at Victoria Baths in Manchester on the 26th of April, and it looks to be the most ambitious one yet so I really hope you can join us on the night (see below for more info)

'Join us with artist Naomi Kendrick to share in an immersive participatory performance drawing event, filling one of the empty swimming pools with an enormous expressive drawing. We will be recording visually our physical experience of listening and responding to music including some live acoustic as well as recorded music via a silent disco.

Drawn To The Beat with artist Naomi Kendrick is part of UN-REST a 10 day long exhibition and series of events 24/4 - 4/5 2014 where contemporary artists explore physical expression in sub-cultures and dance phenomena.'

the project is supported by Arts council England and Victoria Baths


tickets £5 + booking fee www.victoriabaths.eventbrite.co.uk

To read about my two previous Drawn to the Beats follow this link http://deadrabbit-ablog.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Drawn%20to%20the%20Beat

No comments:

Post a Comment